Slavery did not end with abolition in the 19th century, remaining a global problem the practice still continues today in one form or another in every country in the world. We all have a responsibility to be alert to the risks, however small, that modern slavery may exist within our supply chain.
The Danwood Group Limited is an independent specialist in print related technologies supplying equipment and services to customers in the UK, Republic of Ireland and Jersey. The Danwood Group has its head office in Lincoln in the UK; with operational offices across the UK, Republic of Ireland and Jersey.
The Danwood Group comprises four businesses: Danwood, Printware, Phoenix Office Supplies and Danwood Jersey.
Our Supply Chains
Our supply chains include the sourcing of print and IT hardware, consumables and service related items that are principally related to print and IT technologies and the maintenance of the same.
We recognise that slavery and human trafficking remain a major world concern and are committed to managing our business and supply chain so that it is untainted by either of these offences.
We run our business and manage our supply chain with regard to our obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and conduct periodic reviews of our supply chain in order to assess the level of risk that these practices could exist within the chain.
We have revised our company policies to include effective systems and controls to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place within our supply chain.
Our due diligence processes for Slavery and Human Trafficking
- A review of our own supply chain in order to identify areas of greatest risk.
- An audit of our current suppliers with an ongoing monitoring programme.
- A review of our procurement procedures and updating of contracts.
- Updating of our Code of Conduct to ensure our employees are aware of our obligations under the Modern Slavery Act
- Appointing our Service and Supplies director as the company representative with day to day responsibility for compliance with our obligations.
We will continue to monitor our supply chain and ensure that we engage with our suppliers on the issues of slavery and human trafficking. We are committed to ensuring that these practices do not exist within our supply chain.
Chief Executive Officer
The Danwood Group Limited
Date: April 2016